Episode 224: Jason Portnoy: Ask Jason Q&A Show 32
July 19, 2023
“Ask Jason” is a new weekly segment where JPORT Media founder Jason Portnoy responds to questions submitted by our listeners. This week, we’re diving into a handful of relevant topics for small business owners, especially those in the marketing and e-commerce spaces.
In this episode of Perfectly Mentored, Jason discusses the significance of negotiation skills and the key elements of successful marketing campaigns. Joined by Megan, they dive into various topics, sharing valuable insights and practical advice.
- Negotiating is problem-solving and creating solutions. [00:39]
- Understanding both sides and their goals and values. [01:22]
- Building a bridge between the two sides through creativity and research. [02:05]
- The importance of clear defined roles and understanding limitations. [00:03:21]
- Knowing when to establish a walk-away point in negotiations. [04:02]
- Considering different scenarios and options during negotiation. [:43]
- The impact of cap fluctuations on negotiations. [06:24]
- Handling disagreements between agents and players. [08:03]
- Guiding clients away from emotional decisions. [09:16]
- Qualities to look for in a mentor or coach. [10:00]
- Importance of market research before launching a marketing campaign. [11:00]
- Understanding the target market and their needs. [11:53]
- Adapting to changes in the market and consumer behavior. [12:35]
- Measuring success of a marketing campaign based on goals and KPIs.[3:00]
- Choosing between Google ads and Facebook ads based on goals. [13:57]
- Selecting Facebook ads for e-commerce apparel brands. [15:46]
- Considering intent-based advertising on Google for specific searches. [16:34]
Want to work with Jason one-on-one? Click Here
Connect with Jason Portnoy
Like the episode? Watch and support us on YouTube.
Visit us also on Apple Podcasts! Help us spread the word by subscribing and leaving a review—we appreciate your feedback!