“Ask Jason” is a new weekly segment where JPORT Media founder Jason Portnoy responds to questions submitted by our listeners. This week, we’re diving into a handful of relevant topics for small business owners, especially those in the marketing and e-commerce spaces.
In this episode, Jason tackles the common challenge faced by entrepreneurs—balancing family and business. Joined by co-host Megan, they dive into questions about finding equilibrium, separating work and family time, dealing with burnout, and overcoming guilt. Jason shares his insights and practical tips based on his own experiences as a father and entrepreneur. Tune in to gain valuable advice on prioritizing, setting boundaries, and finding the right mentor or coach to guide you on your entrepreneurial journey.
- The chaotic 4th of July weekend. [00:41]
- Difference between relaxation with and without kids. [02:07]
- Balancing family and business as an entrepreneur and parent. [03:00]
- Prioritizing and managing time effectively. [06:00]
- Tips for separating work and family time to avoid interruptions. [07:18]
- Importance of setting boundaries and managing distractions. [08:00]
- Dealing with burnout as an entrepreneur and how to prevent it. [10:00]
- The concept of burnout and its relation to taking on too much, lack of structure, and feeling bored. [12:00]
- Dealing with guilt about not spending enough time with family as an entrepreneur. [16:00]
- Explaining the difference between guilt and prioritization of family time. [18:00]
- Finding a mentor or coach that is the right fit for an entrepreneur or business owner. [20:00]
Want to work with Jason one-on-one? Click Here
Connect with Jason Portnoy
Like the episode? Watch and support us on YouTube.
Visit us also on Apple Podcasts! Help us spread the word by subscribing and leaving a review—we appreciate your feedback!